Sunday, October 4, 2015

Apple Fest


Two years ago, I came to Ithaca, New York, in the hope that I would find a town to spend the next four years in.  I remember driving through upstate New York, in the middle of no where, freaking out because I thought I'd made a huge mistake making my parents take me all the way out here.  But then it hits us, the outskirts of Ithaca, and everything changed.  The quaintness, the eccentricity, the gorgeousness everywhere.  Ithaca is truly special.  Two years ago my dad and I stumbled into downtown Ithaca and found ourselves in the midst of something I now know as Apple Fest, one of the best weekend events that happens in this town.  Throughout the streets of downtown are vendors upon vendors, apple everything.. pizza, doughnuts, cider, butter, you name it! Homemade and local art and nick-nacks, carnival rides, ethnic food, fried foods, it goes on and on.  It's just a great event where you get to see the town come alive, outside our lives on campus.  The food is amazing, and it's just a great event every year.  Day one was pretty rainy but we managed to snap some pics in the middle of it all. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea

On January 10th, 2018 I attended a concert for a very talented band, Tennis.  I decided to go alone. The definition of alone is “having no ...