Monday, February 15, 2016

Snappy Little Number


"Each person shines with his or her own light. No two flames are alike. There are big flames and little flames, flames of every color. Some people's flames are so still they don't even flicker in the wind, while others have wild flames that fill the air with sparks. Some foolish flames neither burn nor shed light, but others blaze with life so fiercely that you can't look at them without blinking and if you approach you shine in the fire." 
Eduardo Galeano 

I came across this quote a few days ago, and it really resonated with me deeply. It made me think of all the 'flames' in my life and how, in fact, they do all flicker differently, and how some of them shine so brightly to me. Jamie is one of those people. Upon meeting her only last year, I never would have known how large a flame she would be in my life, but I am so glad it happened. These pictures were taken at a newly discovered coffee shop in downtown Ithaca. It is very under the radar, but has the best lattes and vegan treats in town...(I highly recommend the vegan cinnamon roll :)) It also happens to double as a tattoo shop, which is weirdly positioned at the back of the shop. It's all so quirky, so quaint. We spent four hours there, drinking too much coffee, laughing way to hard, goofing off, and probably annoying some of the other customers. But it was perfect. Perfect because she is one of those truly special flames that blaze so fiercely, and make the others around her shine in her presence. They say that geminis and scorpios aren't usually the best of friends, but we have defied that rule. Thanks for being my snappy little number Jam:) 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea

On January 10th, 2018 I attended a concert for a very talented band, Tennis.  I decided to go alone. The definition of alone is “having no ...