Monday, December 7, 2015

Doof Of The Week: Jamie Kopacka


Meet our 8th Doof of the Week, my best friend Jamie Kopacka. She is a truly free thinker, with a wild soul, and she couldn't be more of a doof! Get to know her a bit more here...
What have you been listening to/reading/watching lately? 

Lately I have been vibin to music that I can just chill too, like the kind of songs you can just put on in your room and just think till it eventually it just becomes the background noise, but it invokes thoughts and feelings. Here are a few I have been listening to lately, Hurt me by Lapsley ,  Green Mountain State by Trevor Hall,  and Slip by Elliot Moss. Im also really into reggae and my favorite song this week is Roses, by The Chainsmokers. I really enjoy reading philosophy books, non-fiction, or biographies. I also really enjoy watching documentaries, I really enjoy learning about people, disorders, concepts, and ect. Documentaries are one of my favorite things to watch because I find it very intriguing to learn about real life things and I like having  some kind of connection to what I am watching.  Although, lately I have been watching Gilmore Girls a lot. This show reminds me a lot of my childhood, every time I watch it I think back to when me and my sister used to watch it together every morning and how we wanted to live in the quaint and perfect town of Stars Hallow. To this day, every time I watch that show, I picture myself living that simplistic yet whimsical life, in that small town running the Dragon Fly Inn and eating at Luke’s Diner everyday. 

Sartorial signature? 

I sartorial signature would probably have to be my accessories. All of my friends, teammates, and coaches know me for wearing the same bracelets, necklaces everyday. I used to be known for wearing a lot of rings, however, since coming to college I do not wear as many because I tend to loose them.  I  always wear my choker with the celtic knot on it. This is something I wear everyday and I have not taken it off since the day one of my best friends bought it for me.  In addition, I always wear my rope bracelet that I got on a family vacation and it always reminds me of the beach and the great trips there with my family. I also never take off my ankle bracelets. The accessories that I wear  are not only part of my style they represent piece of me, they are sentimental and they all hold a lot of meaning. 

Latest discovery?

My latest discovery would have to be that recently I have discovered that I am a TRUE Scorpio. Obviously I always knew that my zodiac sign was Scorpio, however, I never really took interest in it until this year. It began early in the summer and ever since I have been researching it almost on a daily basis. So far mostly everything that is true for Scorpios is true for me. Throughout this I have learned so much about myself. For one, I have learned that I am a crazy control freak. Not in the way of controlling others, but trying to control every aspect of my life. However, I am beginning to realize that there is so much in life that is out of our control and we will drive ourselves absolutely crazy trying to control these things. I think that this is true for most humans. We have this desire to achieve perfection and control our destiny, however, in reality there are going to be things in our lives that are beyond our control. I am starting to realize that you just have to take life day by day and not try to control every aspect of it. It feels good to let go a little, life becomes a lot simpler and you can start to enjoy even the smallest of things... like dessert :) So the point of this whole spiel is to enjoy life and don’t try to control every aspect of it! STOP BEING SUCH A SCORPIO... 

What does being a doofykook mean to you? 

Being a doofykook means that you are a crazy wild sick nasty being with a lot of funk. You are like a really thick funny, whimsical, mystery book, that only worthy people want to pick up and read. A doofykook is one of a kind, they have unique and quirky personalities and they listen to really cool music OBVIOUSLY nothing basic. A doofykook always keeps it interesting ;)

How would you describe yourself? 

My astrological sign is a Scorpio. I know I just discussed this above, but it basically says I am a control freak who is deep, intuitive, passionate, self- driven, secretive, mysterious, and so on. This is all very relevant to me. I am the kinda person who thinks and feels so deeply about everything, however, I very rarely let others in on that. I am introverted, competitive, loyal, determined, spontaneous, indecisive, and borderline crazy and spazzy:)

What's your take on feminism? 

I believe that women should empower every part of themselves and even their flaws! I think a lot of the time society belittles women and tries to tell them what they are supposed to be. However, a women should never feel like she has to fit their image, what does society know anyway? A women should also never feel like she has to live up to a man’s standards and they have every right that a man has. We women are strong and powerful and we must embrace it!

Quotes/phrases you live by? 

“Love the life you live, live the life you love”- Bob Marley
“None but ourselves can free our minds”- Bob Marley 
“You are confined only by the walls you build yourself”
“Live as if you were gonna die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever”- Mahatma Gandhi” 
“We cannot become what we want to be by remaining what we are”
“Forget all the reasons why it wont work and believe the one reason why it will”
“ The harder the struggle, the more glorious the triumph” ~never give up 
I live by soooo many quotes, theres WAY to many to name. 

Talk about something you think is important? 

I think it is important to know that the energy you put out is the energy that you are going to receive. I also truly believe that it is important to not only make the people you love happy, but also yourself. Life is so short and unpredictable so do not waste time on things that don't make you happy. Do what you love, find your passions, and embrace your talents. Seek knowledge and use your abilities for the greater good. Have the courage to feel so deeply that it scares you and do not get caught up in the superficial things. I think that it is important to know that life is more then who we are, we should make every moment count, but we shouldn’t get caught up in them because life is so much bigger. Live every moment to the fullest and never loose who you truly are. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea

On January 10th, 2018 I attended a concert for a very talented band, Tennis.  I decided to go alone. The definition of alone is “having no ...