Saturday, April 2, 2016

Magz + Emkill


Photography by Emilee  Killeen, Maggie Nash, and Molly Nash 


“I am looking for friends. What does that mean -- tame?"


"It is an act too often neglected," said the fox. "It means to establish ties." 



"To establish ties?" 



"Just that," said the fox. "To me, you are still nothing more than a little boy who is just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you, on your part, have no need of me. To you I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world....” 



― Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ryThe Little Prince


I came across these old photos in a long-lost GroupMe chat, and immediately, thought of my favorite book, The Little Prince, and in particular, my favorite part with the fox. The Prince learns that when you tame another, they become special only to you. There are a million roses, a thousand foxes, and many many princes in the world, but he learns that the ones he decides to tame become the only important ones in all the millions. Upon taming the fox, he learns true friendship and finds joy in that discovery. These photos of Maggie and Emilee encompass that pure joy, and beauty, comfort, and friendship. These are just two of the people who I have tamed, two people who have tamed me. They are unique in all the world to me, and to each other, and it shows in these photos. There is nothing like friendship...feeling so close to another, sharing your best and worst moments, really being yourself around another... They are the fox to my prince and vice versa. There is so much life in both these doofykooks, and I had to share these long-overdue pictures. So happy April! Love, thedoofykooks :) 

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea

On January 10th, 2018 I attended a concert for a very talented band, Tennis.  I decided to go alone. The definition of alone is “having no ...